I read an interesting article today about misuse of the phrase "witch hunt". Recently it's been used by powerful men to whine about being accused of something they deem as baseless (we all know to whom this is referring). But that isn't even what a metaphorical witch hunt would be because actual witch hunts were (1) primarily against women who dared to step outside of their colonial-era roles as (2) a way to keep the marginalized marginal.
- Having opinions. Yup, got those.
- Even suggesting intelligence. That's Dr. Curry to you!
- Not having any children. Does a fur baby count?
- Having too many children. Cool, a box I can't check.
- Being too poor. Well, that really depends on what state I'm living in.
- Being financially independent. You're welcome Dad.
- Having close female friends. Couldn't live without them.
- Eating apples. mmm, delicious.
- Simply being a woman.