I love dessert. But living alone I can never get all the way through a full cake before it starts to get dried out, stale or moldy. So, I created this small, brownie-like skillet cake that is perfect for a couple days of satisfying that sweet tooth! So without further adieu....
- 2 Tbsp butter
- some semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- heaping 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 6" cast iron skillet (or cake pan)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter.
- Whisk together chocolate/butter mixture, egg white, sugar and vanilla.
- Add rice flour, corn starch, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth.
- Stir in milk.
- Pour into small cast iron skillet and bake for about 15-17 minutes or until set.
Top with powdered sugar or your favorite frosting! ENJOY!